Social Distancing 101
Posted on March 19, 2020
Social Distancing 101
Social distancing can be hard for some of us. We may be feeling lonely, isolated, and like we aren’t really ourselves. We’re here to help with that!
First is knowing that the only thing changing is your “going out” habits. Relationships, conversations, and everything else in your life stay the same. Keep your daily routines as normal as possible. Wake up normally, make your usual breakfast, do your skincare, and get dressed for the day.
How does social distancing help?
Social distancing is less about protecting yourself and more about protecting the community. If we stay inside and reduce the amount of physical contact we have with people, the more likely it is that this virus will have less damage on our communities. It significantly slows down the transfer of the virus so that hospitals may tend to those who actually need help instead of having their halls overflowing with patients.
How can I do my part?
It’s important that we all take these precautions seriously. Every person counts, so what can you do to help at this time?
- Keep washing your hands and being hygienic.
- Have as little contact with others outside your house as possible.
- If you need to go to the store, only buy what you need.
- If you feel sick, absolutely stay home unless it becomes severe. In most cases, the virus will clear itself up over time. Treat it as you would a common flu.
- If you are able, help others by donating food and supplies to those who do not have any or cannot afford necessities at this time.
Need ideas on what to do during your social distancing?
We could all use an idea or two to keep ourselves occupied at this time! Whether you’re distancing yourself alone, or are in a house full of people, here are a few ideas to help you pass the time.
- Do some crafting! Paint, draw, color, write or do anything that gets those creative juices flowing.
- Go on a walk. Social distancing doesn’t mean you have to lock yourself indoors. Go on a walk by yourself or with a friend to get some fresh air and step out of the house while still keeping everyone safe.
- Do work/homework. Not the most fun option, but it is a great way to stay ahead of things and keep occupied. These are frustrating times for students and employees, but we should try to make the most out of this work-from-home experience.
- Work out. This is a great time to say “no more excuses” and start working out again! Need some inspiration? Check out our Pinterest board for workouts and tips on healthy living!
- Try new recipes. Whip out your chef’s hat and apron and try a new recipe! Supercook.com is a great resource for this! Just plug in all the ingredients you have at home and let the website pull up all the recipes you can make!
- FaceTime a friend. If you’re feeling a little lonely, just grab your phone and call friends or family! It keeps you occupied and can take up hours of your day.
- Start a new hobby. With so much time on your hands, why not try something new? Maybe it’s something you’ve always wanted to learn, or something you just found out about. Either way, get down to work and show us your new skills!
Have other ideas? Share them with us at @beewaxedcosmetics on Instagram!
Stay safe and know that we’re in this together.